From Food First NL:
Share your pitch May 11th – 15th!
Faced with the complexity of issues within the food system, new strategies are needed to positively affect change. Social innovation is the process of developing and deploying effective solutions to challenging and systemic issues, in support of social progress.
Innovations have a few things in common: they are emerging, involve incredible social entrepreneurs, and are positioned to make a real difference in the communities they serve.
What happens at the Kickstarter?
At its core, this event that connects social innovators, volunteers, funders, and mentors all in one spot. The result is a hub of excitement and amazing ideas! Innovators will submit a short 2 minute pitch of their idea and take part in a virtual Q & A with a panel of judges.
Innovators have access to support and prizes, valued at over $5500 dollars!
- Registration is open to community organizations and businesses, in a team of up to 3
- Innovators have access to support and prizes, valued at over $5500 dollars
- Everyone will receive one-on-one virtual coaching, 1 year subscription to Small Business Solver, and ongoing connection to local and national networking with Community Innovation Hub
- Innovators will pitch to a multi-sector panel of judges for the Top prize of $3000 and second prize of $1500, supplied by Chevron Canada
- People’s Choice Award, $500 chosen by online voting
- Youth Social Innovator Award, $500, supplied by Memorial University Centre for Social Enterprise
- Available to participants who are registered students at MUN or CNA, up to age 39
How to Take Part
For Innovators: Register online now!
- Registration is open until May 6th; You will be contacted to confirm your registration and receive a workbook of resources and support to make your pitch shine.
For Mentors and Judges: All of our innovators will be presenting a 2 minute video pitch on may 15th. You can be part of the pitching workshop and help the innovators improve their storytelling. Please reach out if this is up your alley!
For Everyone: Take part in the People’s Choice Voting, online May 15th through 18th, when we announce the winners!